Volunteer as a Leader
Provide mother-to-mother, peer-to-peer support and share the joys of breastfeeding. Consider becoming an accredited volunteer La Leche League Leader.
La Leche League is a mother-to-mother, peer-to-peer breastfeeding support organization.
- An important LLLI Prerequisite to Applying for Leadership is to have personally breastfed/chestfed a baby for at least a year. Our volunteers, called “Leaders,” have all breastfed their babies into toddlerhood.
- LLL Leaders are volunteers for an international organization. They are not paid for the work they do.
- Important prerequisites are experience with a La Leche League Group, either through a Group available in your community or an online Group, understanding and modelling LLL philosophy, and good communication skills.
- Attending LLL meetings either in-person or virtually, and getting involved with the Group, will help you decide if LLL is an organization where you want to volunteer.
Interested in LLL Leadership?
Conviértete en Líder/Monitora de LLL
LLL: comment devenir animatrice/monitrice
Before filling out this Leader Inquiry Form, please make sure you can answer yes to the following questions.
- I have breastfed a child for 12 months or more.
- I have attended at least four LLL meetings, either virtually or in-person, if possible.
- I understand that the steps to accreditation as an LLL Leader include self-study, writing, reading and discussion with a supporting Leader and a member of the Leader Accreditation Department.
- I understand that being an accredited LLL Leader is volunteer work.
- I understand that accredited LLL Leaders can not be volunteers with another breastfeeding support organization.
Thank you for wanting to learn more about becoming a Leader with La Leche League (LLL). Please submit the form below. You will typically receive a reply within one-to-two days.