Sweet Sleep – Nighttime and Naptime Strategies for the Breastfeeding Family
A book by Diane Wiessinger, Diana West, Linda J. Smith, and Teresa Pitman
The La Leche League International essential sleep guide.
It’s 4 a.m. You’ve nursed your baby five times throughout the night. You’re beyond exhausted. But where can you breastfeed safely when you might fall asleep? You’ve heard that your bed is dangerous for babies. Or is it? Is there a way to reduce the risk? Does life really have to be this hard? No, it doesn’t.
Full of mother-wisdom, reassurance, and support, Sweet Sleep is a comprehensive how-to guide for making sane and safe decisions on how and where your family sleeps, backed by the latest research in pediatric care. This invaluable resource will help you:
- Sleep better tonight in under ten minutes with the Quick Start Guide – and sleep safer every night with the Safe Sleep Seven checklist.
- Sort out the facts and fictions of bedsharing and SIDS.
- Learn about normal sleep at every age and stage, from newborn to new parent.
- Direct your baby toward longer sleep when he’s ready.
- Tailor your approach to your baby’s temperament.
- Uncover the hidden costs of sleep training and “cry it out” techniques.
- Navigate naps at home and daycare.
- Handle concerns from family, friends, and physicians.
- Enjoy stories and tips from parents like you.
- Make the soundest sleep decisions for your family and your life.
Available from all major booksellers. My thoughts about Sweet Sleep – a review by Rina Demiri
NEW: Sweet Sleep is now available in some countries as an audio book.