By Penelope Karagouni – Athens, Greece
To celebrate LLL 65th anniversary, I made a stencil by printing our LLL Logo and used it to decorate two special puddings. I sprinkled the vanilla pudding with cinnamon and the chocolate pudding version with icing sugar.
Makes six servings
1-liter/4 cups full fat milk
½ cup rice flour or cornstarch
¼-½ cup sugar (adjust according to preference/taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons (tbsp) cocoa powder
3 tbsp water
For the decoration:
- In a large saucepan, add three cups of the milk, the sugar and the vanilla. Set over medium-high heat, stir and bring to a simmer.
- In the meantime, add the remaining milk in a bowl, add the rice flour or cornstarch and whisk until dissolved.
- When the milk from step (1) reaches a simmer add the cornstarch mixture from step (2) to the saucepan, whisking continuously. Bring to a boil stirring continuously until the pudding thickens, for about one to two minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour half of the mixture into three bowls.
- For the chocolate version:
In a small bowl add the cocoa powder and the water, mix well and then add the cocoa mixture to the pan with the remaining pudding. Whisk well and pour the chocolate pudding into 3 more bowls.
- To add the LLLI logo, you can sprinkle the vanilla pudding with cinnamon or the chocolate version with icing sugar using a stencil made by printing and cutting the LLL logo.
- Serve warm or cold, it is delicious either way!