The NOMINATING COMMITTEE is a Committee authorized by Article VII Section 4 of the Bylaws and is herein commissioned by and responsible to the Board of Directors of La Leche League International in order to:
- Advise the Board on matters pertaining to nominations and elections;
- Ensure that nominations and elections function effectively and efficiently and in conformity with established policies and procedures of LLLI;
- Carry out specific assignments by the Chair of the Board of Directors.
This Committee shall:
- Consider the qualifications of all candidates proposed by members of the Board, staff, and Leaders, including the Board Nominating Committee and the DCE Board Election Committees;
- Submit at least two names for each DCE slate, when feasible, that have been mutually agreed upon for each Board seat to be filled;
- Create the Board officers slate;
- Work closely with DCE Board Election Committees to ensure qualified candidates are considered;
- Work closely with DCE Board Election Committees in implementing equitable and fair elections.
(Nov 82; rev Oct 89, May 92, Feb 99, Sep 14, Dec 17, Jan 18, Mar 19)