Leader Accreditation Department (LAD)
La Leche League International (LLLI) is the sole source of Leader accreditation. The LLLI Board of Directors delegates this responsibility to the Leader Accreditation Department (LAD). LAD representatives at the Area and DCE levels help Applicants prepare for Leader accreditation in accordance with the LLLI Criteria for Leader Accreditation (Applying for Leadership) and other LLL policies. At each level, LAD representatives collaborate with the administrative team for that level.
On behalf of the LLLI Board of Directors, the LAD representative accredits a new Leader after receiving their signed LLLI Leader Statement of Commitment.
- functions as the administrative and decision-making body for LAD
- is composed of the LLLI Director of the Leader Accreditation Department (DLAD) and the Administrators of Leader Accreditation (ALA) for each Direct Connect Entity (DCE)
- communicates regularly with the ED and LLLI Board
- is responsible to and is supported by the Executive Director (ED) and the LLLI Board
The Director of the Leader Applicant Department (DLAD) is
- appointed by the LLLI Executive Director (ED) with agreement of the LLLI Board after consultation with LAD Council members.
- appointed for a 3-year term which can be extended by the Executive Director for a 4th and 5th year with agreement from the LLLI Board after consultation with LAD Council members.
Removal of a DLAD
- The Executive Director removes a DLAD with agreement of the LLLI Board.
Appointment of a LAD Council member (ALA)
- The DCE appoints its LAD Council member(s) in communication with the DLAD
- The DLAD contacts the DCE Board/Council if the DLAD believes that the ALA or co-ALA from that DCE is acting in breach of policy or procedures
- A DCE Board/Council does not remove a representative from LAD Council before the end of the representative’s term without discussing their concerns with the DLAD
- LAD Council members are appointed for a 3-year term, which can be extended for a 4th and 5th year by agreement with the DCE Board/Council